Solomon Burke - Solomon Burke (1962)

Solomon Burke was a highly influential and successful American soul singer.

Born in West Philadelphia in 1940, Solomon Burke began preaching at his grandmother's church aged just seven. As a child he appeared on (and hosted) gospel radio shows, and travelled the south. He worked hard to support his family at an early age, and first became a father himself at age fourteen. When he was signed to Apollo Records in 1955 he had already lived a fascinating life and posessed wisdom and self-determination way beyond his years. Though he was raised on gospel, he was never adverse to any form of secular music, and released a number of low-selling R&B singles on Apollo.
In 1957 he withdrew from the record business, went to school and earned himself a doctorate in Mortuary Science, and joined the family funeral home business. During this time he got married, and was soon father to six children. He was lured back to music in 1960, when he signed with Atlantic Records, where he was to see a great deal of success over the next few years.
Apollo released this album in 1962, by which time he had already started to have hits on Atlantic. It compiled twelve songs from his years with Apollo, so some of them were six years out of date when the album was released. Together they presented a modest offering, somewhat uninspired in arrangements but showcasing the range and variety in Burke's voice even at this young age. It is with the few moments when the raw gospel stylings of his voice show through that the promise of great things to come becomes clear.

|> If You Need Me (1963)
More from Solomon Burke

Download

24 comments:

MatthewG said...

Too much good and helpful info. I like it very much. If you have more can you also share with us.
Buy CCTV Camera

MatthewG said...

I really bookmark it because its very great website for so much information. Thanks for sharing with us.
Buy CCTV Wireless Cameras

Unknown said...

I am speechless after seeing these pictures! I love them all! I teach kindergarten and I'm going to make a theme, and photographs have given me so many ideas! You are so talented! Thanks!
Buy Watson Online

Unknown said...

Awesome tips in this site for everybody.keep it up!
Ritalin Pills

Unknown said...

All things are fabulous, love to see your work.
Valium 10mg

Unknown said...

OMG,how to get your talent, I never seen before these kind of super work.
Diazepam Valium

Unknown said...

once in a blue moon I see this kind of great work. Love it!
Adderall 30 mg

Unknown said...

This site made my life more successful.
Adderall Pills

Unknown said...

I just couldnt leave your site preceding recommending that I extremely loved the typical data a person supply in your guests.
Watson Online

Unknown said...

I do believe every one of the ideas you have exhibited on your post. They are exceptionally persuading and will certainly work.
10mg Percocet

Lortab 10 mg for sale said...

This is fine to peruse and profitable expert potential, I truly bookmark it, Appreciation star sharing. I love it.
Lortab 10 mg for sale

K25 Online said...

Truly i welcome the exertion you made to share the information.
K25 Online

Unknown said...

I just couldnt leave your site preceding recommending that I extremely loved the typical data a person supply in your guests.
Codeine Phosphate

Unknown said...

Great site! Your written work is so vastly improved contrasted with most different writers.
Codeine Pills

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this Post,really this is very nice post for share best ideas and different knowledge. Its provide best communication service to all over the world so many thanks to all.
futurzweb

Unknown said...


Great topics share through this post and really this is very nice post so many thanks to all
online bookkeeping
Easy small business accounting Application

Unknown said...

I realize that you clarify it exceptionally well. Furthermore, I trust that other readers will likewise encounter how I feel after read your article.
Where to get Adderall

Unknown said...

I will be content for you to contributed this helpful facts about. If you don't mind remain you educated that way. Much obliged for revealing.
Adderall 30 mg

Unknown said...

It would be ideal if you stay us educated this way. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing.
Adderall dosages

Unknown said...

The article was extremely decent and fascinating to peruse, cheerful to have the capacity to visit your site.
Does Adderall work

Unknown said...

I found such a large number of fascinating stuff in your online journal particularly its discussion.
Orange Adderall

Unknown said...

I lost my words, when I saw your blog, it's brilliant work I never seen this awesome work before.
Adderall for Anxiety

Unknown said...

I realize that you clarify it exceptionally well. Furthermore, I trust that other readers will likewise encounter how I feel after read your article.car cover

Unknown said...

Thanks for your insight for your fantastic posting. I’m glad I have taken the time to see this. best seo company los angelescorvette car covers